Oct 06, 2020
Break out the sweaters, boots, and pumpkin spice! October is one of the many celebrated months for Fall. Between the temperature change, food ideas, festivals, and Halloween.
31 Days of October:
1) Share your favorite pumpkin recipe
2) Oct. 2nd is "Name Your Car Day". Does your car have a name? Share a pic!
3) What is your favorite Fall scent?
4) Today is National Pumpkin Seed Day! Do you roast pumpkin seeds?
5) Do you play in any Fantasy leagues? How are your teams doing?
6) Favorite Fall pastime
7) 2021 is almost here! Did you accomplish your goals for 2021?
8) Do your Fall days differ from Summer days?
9) Happy Thanksgiving Canada! What are your plans for the day?
10) Do you attend Halloween parties?
11) Do you dress up for Halloween, or is that kids’ stuff?
12) Do you remember your first Halloween costume? Share a pic if you can!
13) Today is Friday the 13th! Are you superstitious?
14) Handing out candy…Yay or nay?
15) Share a Fall inspired article such as "The History of Scarecrows"
16) Do you have a Fall "must-have" list? Share with us!
17) What is your favorite thing about Fall?
18) Fall is perfect comfort food weather. What is your favorite comfort food?
19) Thankful Thursday – What are you thankful for TODAY?
20) Share a "spooky" article
21) What is your favorite scary and/or Halloween movie?
22) Do you change up your daily look once the new season begins?
23) Share an easy Fall or Halloween DIY craft
24) What is your favorite "feel good" Fall movie?
25) Do you participate in Halloween? What is your costume of choice this year?
26) Do you have a favorite Halloween memory? Share with us!
27) Friendly Reminder! The colder weather is on it's way. Get those oil changes in!
28) What is your favorite Halloween candy?
29) Have you ever been scared by a movie, haunted house etc? Share a story!
30) Do you like carving pumpkins? Do you use a stencil or wing it? Share a pic!
31) Are you dressing up today? Share a pic of your costume
BCS FALL BUCKET LIST:
PICK THE PERFECT PUMPKIN
One of the best ways to embrace fall is to bring it home with you. Lucky for you, there are multiple pumpkin patches around BCS where you can pick out a pumpkin that is just right. Lake Walk will have a pumpkin patch set up during The Local, their artisan market. Browse the local vendor’s booths before heading to the patch to get that perfect pumpkin. For a field full of pumpkins and gourds every shape and size visit the Bryan College Station Habitat for Humanity pumpkin patches. Great pumpkins for a great cause! The Farm Patch will also be transformed into a fall-lover's dream. Not only does this patch offer over 3,000 pumpkins to choose from, it also makes a great photo opp- now that is a win-win situation!
BITE INTO A SWEET TREAT
One of the great things about Texas having relatively warm fall weather: ice cream is still an acceptable dessert. Farmhouse Creamery is serving us the perfect fall flavor: apple strudel, an apple-cinnamon ice cream stuffed with bits of pie crust and a cinnamon-apple ribbon swirl. With that cone in hand, your body might think it is still summer but your tastebuds sure won’t. If you’re in the mood for a pastry sweet don’t worry, Kai’s Donuts is bringing back their maple bacon donut for all of us to enjoy- no wonder we love this season so much!
SHOP LOCAL VENDORS & MARKETS
Local vendors fill Messina Hof Winery & Resort to offer one-of-a-kind handmade pieces, food, and artwork at the Oktober Market. Browse the market with a specialty fall sangria in one hand and German food in the other! Lake Walk Town Center hosts The Local each Tuesday in the fall, featuring local artisans, food vendors, and even a pumpkin patch. The Farm Patch in Bryan is open year-round but is transformed into a pumpkin paradise each fall. Stop by for all your decor needs, as well as garden plants, fresh produce, and locally sourced goods.